Friday, October 4, 2013

DIY : Turtle Neck Sweater into Cardigan (No sewing)



Fall has arrived and its time to bring out the sweaters and jackets. As I was sorting through winter clothes I realised I had these 2 turtle neck sweaters that I had bought in India 5 years ago. They no longer flatter my body type and decided to donate them, when I luckily remembered seeing a sweater DIY in a blog long time ago and decided to try it out as I love DIYs and cardigans :) 

What you'll need:

  • Any old or hand me down sweater (or any t-shirt works too), not necessarily turtle neck. Don't buy a new one just for this
  • Sharp scissors 


Steps:

  • If its a turtle neck sweater, identify the neck line and cut it off above the joint.
  • Front opening: Fold the sweater in half length wise and mark the middle and cut an opening from bottom to top on the front alone. 
  • If you like the neck as it is, your done :)
  • Else, bring both the cut edges together and mark an opening from the neck line down and cut. 
  • And your cardigan is done :)
  • Unleash your creativity and add buttons, flowers or any other embellishments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment